Warehouse Layout Design (New!)
- 29 Sep 2023, Intake: 1
- Next year’s Training Schedule — click here for dates (available end Dec or next Jan)
Warehouse layout design serves as the backbone to the functionality of a warehouse / distribution centre operation. A good design leads to the increase operation output and storage capacity, improve product and operation flow, increase staffs’ productivity and working condition. And these ultimately improve the services to the customers.
At the end of the programme, participants would :
Develop warehouse locations, designs and layouts for storage area segregation with consideration for the characteristics and capabilities of different load handling and storage equipment
- Apply the principles of warehouse planning, warehouse storage and layout plans
- Use of various storage and MHE system
- Understand the various warehouse regulatory, safety and security principles
- Adopt the appropriate transportation requirements
- Relationship (REL) charts
- Fundamentals of warehouse management and importance of layout in SCM value chain
- Define warehouse operation flow and best practices
- Type of MHE and Storage system
- Warehouse regulation and safety principles
- Transportation requirement
- Relationship Chart
Mid-career PMETs to upskill and reskill their warehouse operation and knowledge.
(payable to TLA)
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Bank transfer or Corporate PayNow
1 day, 9am – 5pm
Patrick Tan specialises in Business Management, IT and Innovation Project Management in the Supply Chain Logistics industry. He worked with various Multi National Corporation and Local Enterprise as both shipper, logistics and IT service provider for more than 20 years. He is a senior lecturer and trainer for institutes of higher learning. He is a certified Specialist Adult Educator involved in development and facilitating programmes for both PET and CET learners.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion of the course with minimum 75% attendance.