Tactical Logistics Solutions with Excel and VBA program… SFC eligible
Find out how our participants rate our programmes via TRAQOM here
Read what our participants have learnt from this course…
This course has benefited me. The knowledge gained and experience shared were very helpful in helping to support my business needs.
Overall good sharing of knowledge and tips and things to avoid. Thank you!
Kevin Tan Kien Teong, Senior Logsitcs Executive, B.P. (Pte) Ltd.
Modern enterprise has strategic systems and applications to handle the by and large, regular and frequent operations and transactions. In cases when not applicable, professionals can face crunch time dealing with manual processes in the absence of appropriate last mile applications. This is akin to cargo delivered by air/sea freight, but no haulier available to complete the last mile delivery.
Are you facing crunch time when working on yearly or ad hoc reports which are not supported by existing applications? Are you reverting to manual processes due to business change and system update cannot catch up? Do you have to perform intensive analysis to meet tight timelines for project testing? These are just a few examples where Excel and VBA programs can serve as tactical solutions to automate intensive and laborious processes.
This workshop is specially designed for professionals working in the transport and logistics industry. It is an interactive workshop in a computer laboratory where each student uses a desktop with pre-installed program and exercises to facilitate hands-on learning.
The course contents are developed by logistician using real-life examples and case studies. Participants can apply the new skills immediately through the sample exercises. This course thus provides dual benefits – participants can learn new Excel VBA skills directly applicable to overcome common issues faced in the workplace.
Note: This is an advance level course. Participants are expected to be familiar with Excel functions, have some experience on using Excel macro and possess business analysis skills. This is not an introductory course on MS Excel. The version used will be MS Office Excel 2016.
What You will Learn
At the end of the programme, participants will :
- Understand the limitations of macro recorder
- Navigate around the Visual Basic Editor
- Conceptualise business process and map to programmable system events
- Apply frequently used VBA functions for Excel automation
- Implement decision and data processing logic
- Logistics Account Managers and Executives
- Operations / Warehouse / Distribution Supervisors and Officers
- Customer Service Officers
- Material Planners and Buyers
- Quality Assurance Officers
- Inventory Management / Control Officers
- IT Managers
This is a two-day course with the syllabus categorized into sections. Each section has a particular theme to offer a structured learning.
Section 1 : About Excel Macro
- Overview on Excel Macro
- Excel macro codes and Visual Basic Editor (VBE)
- Excel macro recorder limitation
- Hands-on session : Record an Excel macro
Section 2 : About Visual Basic for Application
- Overview VBA programming
- Jump start Excel VBA programming
- Hands-on Session : Start Writing sub procedures and declaring variables
Section 3 : Conceptualising the Solution
- Think about Current Processing
- Break down into steps and map to programmable events
Section 4 : Accessing Excel Objects
- Hands-On Sessions : Cell Manipulation, Worksheet Manipulations, Workbook Manipulations
This is a hands-on course where participants will have intensive practical session using MS Excel and VBA.
The course is an Approved-in-Principle (AIP) course under the SkillsConnect (Course Code: CRS-N-0050223 valid till 28 Jul 2021) with a support level of $2.00 per training hour for company sponsored participant. More information at Financial/Award Schemes.
Nett course fee effective from 1 Oct 2018. Training providers will apply for funding via TPGateway for company-sponsored participants before course commencement.
(payable to TLA)
(or available Credit)
* “All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the SFC course directory.”
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Cheque or bank transfer or Corporate PayNow
2 days : 9 am to 5 pm, 14 hours
Jorge Ng is a project manager with extensive experience in customer logistics and IT project management. Graduated with a Master of Engineering (research on computer architecture) from the National University of Singapore. Previously he worked in Nokia as the Customization Development Manager and taught the subject on IT for Supply Chain at Republic Polytechnic.
External Computer Lab
A 30-minute open-book assessment will be conducted at the end of the seminar to ensure participants’ understanding on the topics. A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded upon successful completion of the assessment and attainment of 75% attendance.