Airfreight Forwarding Appreciation
- 22 Aug 2017 – 22 Aug 2017, Intake: 2
- 16 Oct 2017 – 16 Oct 2017, Intake: 3
This course provides insights into airfreight forwarding operations, concepts and applicable documentations. Participants will gain an understanding of the role of airline, handling agents, rates and loading units.
Who Should Attend
Managers, executives and officers working in the airfreight forwarding industry.
People who want to learn more about airfreight practices of the forwarding industry.
- History – Warsaw Convention sets the ground rules for international air carriage of persons, luggage, freight, postal & Diplomatic mails, Pets, Human Remain, Perishables and Dangerous Goods.
- Air Transportation Governing Bodies
- Civil Aviation Organizations
- International Air Transportation Association (IATA)
- Airfreight Practice – Parties Involved in the Carriage of Goods
- Restrictions of Carriage by Air
- Freight Rates & Tariffs
- Computation of Charges
- Chargeable Weight
- Acceptance of Goods & Labeling & Marking
- Classification of Goods & Documentary Requirements
- Carriers’ Liability
- Air Import Procedures
- Competencies question for deeper understanding with written test.
efreight@SG Network Member*
(payable to TLA)
|PIC Grant||Eligible Companies to claim directly from IRAS||N.A.|
* For efreight@SG Network Members, once the online application process is completed, please send an email to email@example.com to notify that your organization is a member of efreight@SG Network.
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Cheque or bank transfer
1 day, 8 hours, 9am – 6pm.
M M Kunasekaran ( Kuna ) started his career at Paya Lebar airport with CIAS on Ramp Services, subsequently with Passenger services for 13 years and served with United Airlines for six years.
He moved on his career as freight forwarder with Expeditor Singapore and with Senio Merchants handling air operations.
Later, Kuna was posted to India as an expatriate which oversaw Indian subcontinent and Middle East markets for MIQ logistics that has global presence. After 10 years, he returned from India to Singapore as Director of Business Development for cargo industry both air & ocean. He moved on to customer handling logistics and supply chain with Goodpack Limited, and travelled widely for last four and half years.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.