Transportation Insurance Workshop
- 06 Apr 2018 –06 Apr 2018, Intake: 7
- 04 Jul 2018 – 04 Jul 2018, Intake: 8
- 02 Nov 2018 – 02 Nov 2018, Intake: 9
Transportation insurance is the oldest type of insurance in existence, yet it’s often the least understood. Whether you are a transportation intermediary or a shipper, you need transportation insurance buying tips from the unique perspective of an insurance insider.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- To understand the legal role and risk exposures of freight forwarder
- To know the general make-up of a liability policy and type of liability covers available
- To understand the fundamental principles of cargo insurance
- To understand the various types of losses
- To identify practical issues relating to claims handling
Persons in customer services, shipping, logistic admin, warehousing, as well as those in supervisory and executive positions; general insurance practitioners having special logistics interests
The course is an Approved-in-Principle (AIP) course under the SkillsConnect (Course Code: CRS-N-0029783) with a support level of $2.00 per training hour for company sponsored participant. More information from Financial/Award Schemes.
(payable to TLA)
|SkillsConnect||$16 (Eligible Companies to claim from SkillsConnect)||N.A.|
|SkillsFuture Credit *||N.A.||$500
(or available Credit)
* “All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the
government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture
Credit website www.skillsfuture.sg/credit to choose from the courses available on the
SkillsFuture Credit course directory.”
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Overseas – Telegraphic Transfer
Local – Cheque, Cash or Bank Transfer
1 day : 9:00am to 6:00pm
Fredy Ang is an experienced insurance professional specialising in global business with a focus in the Asian market. Started his career in Australia, Fredy is now the head of Global and Corporate division for Honan Insurance in Singapore. Fredy has extensive experience in putting together global insurance programs as well as the Asian component of global master insurance programs and frequently presents to the US insurance professionals on risk and compliance in Asia. His experience ranging from major technology and telecommunication, retail and logistics industry.
Fredy holds Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) from Curtin University of Technology, Sydney and is currently a Senior Associate of Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.
- Marine Cargo Insurance and Claims handling: newly-instituted cargo clauses, cargo loss prevention practices, steps for recourse; the claim process and the rules on limitations of liability and time bars
- International conventions and laws that are used by carriers to limit their liabilities, and how insurance can be tailored to meet these needs
- Sharing of relevant case studies throughout the course