Transportation Insurance Workshop
- 04 Apr 2017 – 04 Apr 2017, Intake: 7
- 18 Jul 2017 – 18 Jul 2017, Intake: 8
- 12 Sep 2017 – 12 Sep 2017, Intake: 9
Transportation insurance is the oldest type of insurance in existence, yet it’s often the least understood. Whether you are a transportation intermediary or a shipper, you need transportation insurance buying tips from the unique perspective of an insurance insider.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- To understand the legal role and risk exposures of freight forwarder
- To know the general make-up of a liability policy and type of liability covers available
- To understand the fundamental principles of cargo insurance
- To understand the various types of losses
- To identify practical issues relating to claims handling
Persons in customer services, shipping, logistic admin, warehousing, as well as those in supervisory and executive positions; general insurance practitioners having special logistics interests
The course is an Approved-in-Principle (AIP) course under the SkillsConnect (Course Code: CRS-N-0029783) with a support level of $2.00 per training hour for company sponsored participant. More information from Financial/Award Schemes.
(payable to TLA)
|SkillsConnect||$16 (Eligible Companies to claim from SkillsConnect)||N.A.|
|PIC Grant||Eligible Companies to claim from IRAS.||N.A.|
(or available Credit)
Note: MCF Training Grant (50% of course fee) is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information. The grant is on first-come-first-served basis due to limited quota available.
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
Overseas – Telegraphic Transfer
Local – Cheque, Cash or Bank Transfer
1 day : 9:00am to 6:00pm
Larry Thian has extensive experience spanning over 35 years in all areas of insurance with specialty in marine cargo and logistics. He is a senior associate of the Australia & New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF Snr Assc) a faculty member of Singapore Insurance Institute, and a certified Insurance Practitioner.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.
- Marine Cargo Insurance and Claims handling: newly-instituted cargo clauses, cargo loss prevention practices, steps for recourse; the claim process and the rules on limitations of liability and time bars
- International conventions and laws that are used by carriers to limit their liabilities, and how insurance can be tailored to meet these needs
- Sharing of relevant case studies throughout the course