Transportation Insurance Workshop
Transportation insurance is the oldest type of insurance in existence, yet it’s often the least understood. Whether you are a transportation intermediary or a shipper, you need transportation insurance buying tips from the unique perspective of an insurance insider.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- To understand the legal role and risk exposures of freight forwarder
- To know the general make-up of a liability policy and type of liability covers available
- To understand the fundamental principles of cargo insurance
- To understand the various types of losses
- To identify practical issues relating to claims handling
Persons in customer services, shipping, logistic admin, warehousing, as well as those in supervisory and executive positions; general insurance practitioners having special logistics interests
The course is an Approved-in-Principle (AIP) course under the SkillsConnect (Course Code: CRS-N-0029783) with a support level of $2.00 per training hour for company sponsored participant. More information from Financial/Award Schemes.
(payable to TLA)
|SkillsConnect||$16 (Eligible Companies to claim from SkillsConnect)||N.A.|
|PIC Grant||Eligible Companies to claim from IRAS.||N.A.|
(or available Credit)
Note: MCF Training Grant (50% of course fee) is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information.
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Overseas – Telegraphic Transfer
Local – Cheque, Cash or Bank Transfer
1 day : 9:00am to 6:00pm
Larry Thian has extensive experience spanning over 35 years in all areas of insurance with specialty in marine cargo and logistics. He is a senior associate of the Australia & New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF Snr Assc) a faculty member of Singapore Insurance Institute, and a certified Insurance Practitioner.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.
- Marine Cargo Insurance and Claims handling: newly-instituted cargo clauses, cargo loss prevention practices, steps for recourse; the claim process and the rules on limitations of liability and time bars
- International conventions and laws that are used by carriers to limit their liabilities, and how insurance can be tailored to meet these needs
- Sharing of relevant case studies throughout the course