Transportation Insurance Workshop … SFC eligible
- 07 April 2021, Intake: 11
- 01 July 2021, Intake: 12
- 23 November 2021, Intake: 13
- Next year’s Training Schedule — click here for dates (available end Dec or next Jan)
Find out how our participants rate our programmes via TRAQOM here
Read what our participants have learnt from this course…
Understand the different types of clauses and what each clause covers. So as a cargo owner, I will know what types of insurance should I apply for.
Muhammad Helmie Bin Salim, Supervisor, G. Singapore Pte Ltd.
Knowing the correct procedures on claims process.
Mohamed Ariff Bin Abdul Rahman, Assistant Manager, N.E. (S) Pte Ltd.
Transportation insurance is the oldest type of insurance in existence, yet it’s often the least understood. Whether you are a transportation intermediary or a shipper, you need transportation insurance buying tips from the unique perspective of an insurance insider.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- To understand the legal role and risk exposures of freight forwarder
- To know the general make-up of a liability policy and type of liability covers available
- To understand the fundamental principles of cargo insurance
- To understand the various types of losses
- To identify practical issues relating to claims handling
Persons in customer services, shipping, logistic admin, warehousing, as well as those in supervisory and executive positions; general insurance practitioners having special logistics interests
- Marine Cargo Insurance and Claims handling: newly-instituted cargo clauses, cargo loss prevention practices, steps for recourse; the claim process and the rules on limitations of liability and time bars
- International conventions and laws that are used by carriers to limit their liabilities, and how insurance can be tailored to meet these needs
- Sharing of relevant case studies throughout the course
The course is an Approved-in-Principle (AIP) course under the SkillsConnect (Course Code: CRS-N-0029783 valid till 24 Dec 2020) with a support level of $2.00 per training hour for company sponsored participant. More information at Financial/Award Schemes.
Nett course fee effective from 1 Oct 2018. Company-sponsored participants are required to apply for funding via SkillsConnect at least 1 week before course commencement.
(payable to TLA)
(or available Credit)
* “All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the SFC course directory.”
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Overseas – Telegraphic Transfer
Local – Cheque, Cash or Bank Transfer or Corporate PayNow
1 day : 9:00am to 6:00pm (8 training hours)
Fredy Ang is an experienced insurance professional specialising in global business with a focus in the Asian market. Started his career in Australia, He is now the head of Global and Corporate division for Honan Insurance in Singapore.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.