Logistics Automation 2 – Light Goods Handling Technologies
The present world trends affecting Singapore are; aging population, labour shortage, complexity of fulfilment operations (ecommerce) and consolidation of warehouses, and these world trends are key drivers of logistics automation.
Logistic Automation enable case picking of many SKUs and piece picking for many small orders for fast moving consumer goods, without high use of labour. Many businesses and logistics organisation are required to store higher volume quantity, high number of SKUs to be picked & faster velocity to fulfil orders. The Case Handling technologies also enhanced the handling of cold chain food & products, without the human staff working in the freezer environment. The modern eCommerce Fulfilment requires automation to deliver many small online orders in a shorter time.
This course endeavour to give deeper understanding into the various types of case handling automations, and how they could benefit the companies. Logistics professionals are given deeper knowledge to evaluate the design, operations processes and benefits of the various case handling technologies, that would be suitable for their business and companies.
Logistics professional who wish to have deeper understanding of the various case handling automation systems for case handling & picking, and evaluate their usefulness & effectiveness for their logistics operations, ecommerce fulfilment and cold chain food logistics.
Participants also enrol for Logistics Automation 1 – Pallet Handling Technologies.
What you will learn
At the end of the programme, participants would :
- Understand what is case handling automations in warehouse operation, and how they are used for various types of warehouse operations.
- Understand the design, operations process & the benefits of the various types of case handling automation; AutoStore, Miniload System, Case Shuttle System and Mobile Shelf Storage System
- Understand the design, operations process & benefits of the various types of case transport systems to move case and pieces within an Automated Warehouse
- Understand the design, operations process & benefits of warehouse automations for cold chain food facility.
- Understand the design, operations process & benefits of the various types of eCommerce Fulfilment Centre operations.
The skillsets and competencies from the course would enable our participants to explore Job Redesign under the JRR (Job Redesign and Reskilling) funding program by WSG.
The course is customized towards the Logistics Skills Framework Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) :
Solutioning and Programme Management / Automation Design
Solutioning and Programme Management/Autonomous Log Design and Application
Technology Management / Technology Infrastructure Management and Integration
Technology Management / Knowledge Management
Warehouse Management/WMS Admin
Warehouse Management/Warehouse Automation Application
Warehouse Management/Warehouse Layout Design
Warehouse Management/Warehouse Space Utilization
- Overview of Light Goods (case handling) Automation System
- Design & Operations of AutoStore System
- Design & Operations of Miniload System
- Design & Operations of Case Shuttle System
- Design & Operations of Mobile Shelf Storage System
- Design & Operations of eCommerce Fulfilment Centre & Cold Chain Food Facility
(payable to TLA)
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Bank transfer or Corporate PayNow
2 days : 9 am to 5 pm (14 training hours)
Dickson Yeo is the Senior Logistic Consultant of Swisslog SEA since November 2016. He provides specialist support in logistics operations, translating client’s requirement and processes into the warehouse automation designs and automation project realisations in South East Asia region.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.