Logistics Automation 1 – Pallet Handling Technologies… SFC eligible
The present world trends affecting Singapore are; aging population, labour shortage, complexity of fulfilment operations (ecommerce) and consolidation of warehouses, and these world trends are key drivers of logistics automation.
Logistic Automation enable higher quantity storage, high SKU count to be handled, faster velocity to fulfil orders (same day deliveries) and to handle many small orders. In Singapore, many in-house logistics organisation and companies are turning to Logistics Automation to improve their capacities, operations capabilities and cost-saving measure.
This course endeavour to give deeper understanding into the various types of warehouse automations, and how they could benefit the companies. Logistics professionals are given deeper knowledge to evaluate the design, operations processes and benefits of the various pallet handling technologies, that would be suitable for their business and companies.
Logistics professional who wish to have deeper understanding of the Industry 4.0 impact on intralogistics and various warehouse automation systems for pallet handling & picking, and evaluate their usefulness & effectiveness for their logistics operations.
Participants also enrol for Logistics Automations 2 – Light Goods Handling Technologies.
What you will learn
At the end of the programme, participants would :
- Understand what is Industry 4.0 and its concepts implemented in logistics & warehouse operations
- Understand the design, operations process & the benefits of the Automated Warehouse for pallet handling
- Understand the design, operations process & benefits of the various types of pallet transport systems to move pallet within an Automated Warehouse
- Understand the design, operations process & benefits of the various types of case picking processes that are carried out within an Automated warehouse.
The skillsets and competencies from the course would enable our participants to explore Job Redesign under the JRR (Job Redesign and Reskilling) funding program by WSG.
The course is customized towards the Logistics Skills Framework Technical Skills and Competencies (TSCs) :
Solutioning and Programme Management / Automation Design
Solutioning and Programme Management/Autonomous Log Design and Application
Technology Management / Technology Infrastructure Management and Integration
Technology Management / Knowledge Management
Warehouse Management/WMS Admin
Warehouse Management/Warehouse Automation Application
Warehouse Management/Warehouse Layout Design
Warehouse Management/Warehouse Space Utilization
- Industry 4.0 & its Impact on Intralogistics
- Overview of Logistics Automation & various Technologies
- Automated Storage & Retrieval System (ASRS) Warehouse
- Pallet Shuttle Storage System (PSSS) Automated Warehouse
- Pallet Transport System such as; conveyors, electric monorail system & AGVs
- Case Picking Solutions for ASRS & PSSS Automated Warehouse
The course is an Approved-in-Principle (AIP) course under the TPGateway (Course Code: TGS-2021004546 valid till 2 May 2023) with a support level of $2.00 per training hour for company sponsored participant. More information at Financial/Award Schemes.
Nett course fee effective from 1 Oct 2018. Training providers will apply for funding via TPGateway for company-sponsored participants before course commencement.
(payable to TLA)
(or available Credit)
* “All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the SFC course directory.”
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Bank transfer or Corporate PayNow
2 days : 9 am to 5 pm (14 training hours)
Dickson Yeo is the Senior Logistics Consultant of Swisslog SEA since November 2016. He provides specialist support in logistics operations, translating client’s requirement and processes into the warehouse automation designs and automation project realisations in South East Asia region.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.