Logistics Automation 1 – Pallet Handling Technologies (New!)
- 27 – 28 April 2020, Intake: 01
- Next year’s Training Schedule — click here for dates (available end Dec or next Jan)
The present world trends affecting Singapore are; aging population, labor shortage, complexity of fulfillment operations (e-commerce) and consolidation of warehouses, and these world trends are key drivers of logistics automation.
Logistic Automation enable higher quantity storage, high SKU count to be handled, faster velocity to fulfill orders (same day deliveries) and to handle many small orders. In Singapore, many in-house logistics organisation and companies are turning to Logistics Automation to improve their capacities, operations capabilities and cost-saving measure.
This course endeavor to give deeper understanding into the various types of warehouse automations and how they could benefit the companies. Logistics professionals are given deeper knowledge to evaluate the design, operations processes and benefits of the various pallet handling technologies, that would be suitable for their business and companies.
At the end of the programme, participants would :
- Understand what is Industry 4.0 and its concepts implemented in logistics & warehouse operations
- Understand the design, operations process & the benefits of the Automated Warehouse for pallet handling
- Understand the design, operations process & benefits of the various types of pallet transport systems to move pallet within an Automated Warehouse
- Understand the design, operations process & benefits of the various types of case picking processes that are carried out within an Automated warehouse.
Logistics professional who wish to have deeper understanding of the Industry 4.0 impact on intralogistics and various warehouse automation systems for pallet handling & picking, and evaluate their usefulness & effectiveness for their logistics operations.
- Industry 4.0 & its Impact on Intralogistics
- Overview of Logistics Automation & various Technologies
- Automated Storage & Retrieval System (ASRS) Warehouse
- Pallet Shuttle Storage System (PSSS) Automated Warehouse
- Pallet Transport System such as; conveyors, electric monorail system & AGVs
- Case Picking Solutions for ASRS & PSSS Automated Warehouse
(payable to TLA)
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Cheque or bank transfer or Corporate PayNow
2 days : 9 am to 5 pm (14 training hours)
Dickson Yeo is the Senior Logistics Consultant of Swisslog SEA since November 2016. He provides specialist support in logistics operations, translating client’s requirement and processes into the warehouse automation designs and automation project realisations in South East Asia region.
As a Director (Supply Chain) NTUC Fairprice for 12 years, he had managed the cold chain food logistics of a 180,000 sq.ft. Fresh Food DC and the grocery distribution of 2 automated Distribution Centre. The latest automation project implemented in 2014, was the Automated Storage & Caddy Pick Distribution Centre; with a 52,000 pallets ASRS storage capacity and picking throughput of 120,000 cartons per day.
Dickson had strong experience in 3rd Party Logistics since 1995, having setup and managed logistics operations for many MNC clients in Singapore, Malaysia and Dubai. He had also start up a logistics company in Dubai Jebel Ali Free Zone and established the logistics business there in 1998. He was with CWT from 1995 to 2001.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.