IoT & Big Data Disrupting SCM (Supply Chain Management)
- 01 Jun 2018 – 01 Jun 2018, Intake: 3
- 30 Aug 2018 – 30 Aug 2018, Intake: 4
IoT (Internet of Things) – connectivity for an integrated business ecosystem, has disrupted many business operations, especially the retail sector and the logistics industry. These businesses would need to modify their operations with IoT and Big Data applications to adapt to the evolved business environment.
Big Data and IoT concepts have spawn new developments in process mining – real-time online connectivity that enables operations to attain the benefits of JIT and lean concepts across all business operations, hence enabling the business to improve operations resulting in better business performance.
Understand the concepts and applications of IoT and Big Data that together could provide valuable information for process mining to help improve a business’s operational performance.
- Introduction of Big Data applications with IoT concepts – real-time online connectivity, for effective business operations.
- Definitions and descriptions of Big Data and IoT concepts
- Introduction to new developments in Industry 4.0 that incorporates JIT and lean concepts with IoT applications.
- Understand the framework of JIT and lean concepts using Big Data and IoT connectivity applications, such as improved efficient processes for manufacturing, F&B, retail, healthcare and medical business operations.
- Introduction to the future developments in Process Mining – evolving from Big Data analytics and integration with IoT
- Understand the new developments in IoT and connectivity, using Big Data applications and the shift from data mining to process mining
- Describe the market trends in mass customization for retail and F&B businesses
- Leaders of functional areas who need data analytics to enhance the effectiveness of the business decision making process – analytical tools providing insights for timely and informed decisions.
- Leaders and professionals who need to develop business capabilities to enhance the effectiveness of an organization’s functional business operations – timely communication, easy access and availability of information for decision making.
- Applicable across a diversity of target markets and industries – retail, manufacturing, F&B, aerospace, healthcare, insurance and education.
- Understand and define the Big Data concepts – the impact of IoT and connectivity, for real-time online availability of data and information, to enable instantaneous responses and decisions.
- g. industry 4.0
- Introduction to new developments in JIT and lean concepts using Big Data and IoT.
- Understand and outline the challenges faced by supply chain support for an effective mass customization in F&B operation.
- Introduction to SPC (statistical process control) methodology with applications in Big Data
- Define and design of operation processes with real-time monitoring system and tools, to enable instantaneous responses.
- Discussion example of land transport services – SMRT and SBS
- New future trends – developments in Process Mining spawning from the integration of Big Data analytics and IoT for productivity improvement using process mining.
- Discussion example of Swisslog’s applications of robotics and warehouse management system in hospital pharmacy dispensary
- Case study – retail logistics for megastore
- Description of the integrated process framework: from production to customer fulfilment in 4 major phases
- Demand planning and forecast
- Capacity planning and scheduling
- Supply chain and operations management
- Order fulfilment
(payable to TLA)
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Cheque or bank transfer
1 day : 9 am to 6 pm
Peter Loh is an experienced creative strategist focused on MBCI (Market, Business & Competitive Intelligence) for over 20 years, spanning across industries such as electronics, automotive, telecommunication, oil & gas industries. With his immense industry experience, he envisions the market potential for IoT and Big Data applications to proliferate across many industries toward 2020.
Peter is now an Adjunct faculty member at Singapore Institute of Technology, having developed the Organization & Management module, and introducing the McKinsey 7-S concept as an analytical tool for organizational effectiveness.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion of the course with 75% attendance.