Attach and Train Programme : How does individual participate ?
The Singapore Logistics Association is the Programme Manager of the Attach-and-Train (AnT) Programme managed by WSG.
The AnT Programme aims to provide unemployed Singapore Citizen PMETs jobseekers aged 40 and above who are interested to explore career in the logistics sector. The programme will provide trainees with necessary skill sets required to take on new jobs; to train a pipeline of logistics workers to meet manpower demand of the sector and to provide alternative options for job seekers to enter a growth sector.
The programme consists : First 2 weeks of compulsory training to be conducted by The Logistics Academy (TLA), a training arm of SLA and Up to 50 weeks of on-the-job training (OJT) with the host logistics companie
Types of Placement based on previous intake :
- Logistics Officer (Possible positions include but not exhaustive : Logistics & Supplies Coordinator, Customer Service Officer, Logistics Officer – Warehousing & Distributions)
- Logistics Executive (Possible positions include but not exhaustive : Operations and Logistics Executive, Sales Executive, Logistics Executive – Information Technology, Logistics Analyst Executive)
The shortlisted trainee would undergo interviews with potential host logistics companies
The trainee on board would then be required to :
- Sign an agreement with SLA and the host logistics companies
- Follow the HR practices of the host logistics companies
- Attach and train with the host logistics companies
- The monthly training allowance : Logistics Officer : S$2,000 / Logistics Executive : S$3,200
Depending on the availability of employment vacancy of the host logistics companies and the work performance of traineea full time employment may be offered to the trainee at the end of the programme
The next programme starts from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 (duration of up to 12 months)
- Minimum ‘O’ level
- Work Experience from other industries
– Keen to learn logistics and make logistics a career
-Embrace new mindset to learn new knowledge and skills
-Highly adaptable, self-motivated and takes initiative
-Able to work independently as well as a team
-Good communication / interpersonal skills
Please email your CV to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidate will be arranged for interviews with potential host logistics companies.