Standard Trading Conditions
Read what our participants have learnt from this course…
I gained good knowledge on the limit of liability of carrier, shipping company and freight forwarder. In addition, I know what we should deal with regards to airfreight and seafreight.
Cheong Mei Mun, Marketing Executive, Bayswater Shipping & Forwarding Pte Ltd
Through the case studies, I understand the conditions and liability more in-depth.
Jennifer Yap, Claims Specialist, SDV Logistics Pte Ltd
To minimise the risk involved in business transactions, it is essential to understand and acquire the “how-to” skills to apply the Standard Trading Conditions (STC).
The STC was revised at the 30th Annual General Meeting of SLA held on 7 May 2004 to reflect changes in the logistics industry taking into consideration, several judgements upheld up the court in Singapore and incorporated suggestions, comments and feedback from member-companies. The specially designed course will enable participants to :
- Examine the obligations of shippers/consignees
- Understand the liabilities involved in undertaking special instructions involving goods and services
- Identify the general indemnity and liability of company provided under the STC
- Define the conditions under which the company is not liable to compensate claims
- Distinguish the liability and indemnity conditions of the company acting as agent and as principal
- Define the rules governing electronic data interchange
All levels of staff to gain an overall perspective of the SLA STC and how they are applied.
(payable to TLA)
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Cheque or bank transfer or Corporate PayNow
2 days (9 am to 6 pm), 16 hours
VCS Vardan was called as a Barrister of England & Wales of Lincoln’s Inn in 1982 and admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court in Singapore in 1984. He practiced as an Advocate & Solicitor from 1984 to 1998.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.
- Definitions and Application
- Obligations of Customer
- Special Instructions, Goods and Services
- General Indemnities
- Liberties and Rights of the Company
- General Liability
- Amount of Compensation
- General Average
- Jurisdiction and Law
- Company Acting as Agent
- Company Acting as Principal
- Air Carriage
- Both to Blame Collision Clause
- Rules Governing Electronic Data Interchange