Specialist Certificate in Warehouse Management – Design & Operations
- 11 Oct 2017 – 13 Oct 2017, Intake: 8
To provide participants with fundamental insights into the role of warehousing, its design and operations within the supply chain environment.
It further aim to provide participants with the following fundamentals:
- An appreciation of the strategic role Warehouse Management play in Supply Chain/Logistics Business planning.
- The importance of a good warehouse design in effectively supporting Logistics and Supply Chain processes.
On successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the strategic roles Warehousing design and operations play in the Logistics/Supply Chain business and related
- Understand the fundamental elements and components that contribute to the effective design of a warehouse
- Understand the role and processes needed to effectively manage Warehouse operations
- Application of Best practices in Warehouse Management
- Application of Warehouse Performance Measurement and benchmarking
Managers/Supervisors in Warehouse & Distribution Functions, Purchasing Executives, Logistics Business Planning Executives, Shipping Executives, Customer Service Officers.
It also caters to those who are keen to advance their knowledge of the strategic application of Warehousing Design and Operations.
Note: Participants must have at least 1 year working experience in a warehouse environment.
|SLA Member Company
(View member listing)
(payable to TLA)
|PIC Grant||Eligible Companies to claim directly from IRAS.||N.A.|
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Cheque or bank transfer
3 days, 9am – 6pm
Daniel Chew, Master of Industrial-Organisational Psychology, Master in Education with UWA, MBA in HR Management from USQ, Master of Science in Industrial & Systems Engineering from NUS, Bachelor (1st Class Honours) in Engineering from Monash University, Cambridge International Diploma in Teaching & Training from CIE, Advanced Certification in Training and Assessment (ACTA) from WDA, GradDip TESOL from UK, Certified DiSC Personality Profiler, Certified Quality Management System Auditor.
Goh Wee Yaw, graduated from the University of Adelaide with a MBA. He also holds a Bachelor’s degree from the National University of Singapore, and obtained various professional qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Professional Logisticians (CILT), Chartered Institute Of Marketing (CIM UK) and Singapore Institute of Management. He has more than 25 years working experience in areas related to Logistics and Supply Chain Management. He is currently working as the General Manager (Corporate Planning & Business Development) in KWE Express (S) Pte Ltd, and has been there since 2007.
A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded upon successful completion of the course with minimum 75% attendance.
- Introduction to Warehouse Management
- Warehouse Design – Functionality & Planning
- Fundamental Warehouse Operations
- Warehouse Materials Handling and Packaging
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Administration
- Warehouse Design Presentation