Specialist Certificate in Chemical Logistics Management
- 10 Apr 2019 – 12 Apr 2019, Intake: 4
- 04 Nov 2019 – 06 Nov 2019, Intake: 5
- Next year’s Training Schedule — click here for dates (available end Dec or next Jan)
The chemical supply chain requires a technical understanding of the products which are being transported, handled and stored. Chemicals can be transported, handled and stored safely and securely under certain controlled conditions.
However, chemicals can also unleash its hazardous properties with negative impact on the safety, health and environment under other conditions or situations. These products can react with the environment or with other chemicals to propagate its hazardous properties, resulting in major losses to people, property or environment.
Through the correct understanding and interpretation of key important concepts and adequate knowledge, most chemicals can be predictable in their behaviour during transportation, handling and storage, which can be managed by applying proper guidelines within each supply chain node.
This course will allow the participants to have a better understanding of chemicals and provide the basic knowhow to manage them safely, securely and in compliance with regulations, thus gaining an overview on the Principles of Chemical Logistics Management.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for professionals and personnel from shipping, freight forwarding, logistics, transportation and warehousing companies who are involved in logistics management for chemicals.
- Principles of Chemical Logistics Management
- International Transport Codes for Shipping Dangerous Goods (DGs)
- Regulations governing the Import / Export / Transshipment of DGs
- Regulations governing the storage and transportation of DGs in Singapore
- Packing of Dangerous Goods
- Marking and Labeling of Dangerous Goods
- Understanding and Interpreting Safety Data Sheets
- Chemical Warehouse Storage and Transport Management
- Emergency Response
- Questions, Revision, Assessment
(payable to TLA)
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payment facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Cheque or bank transfer or Corporate PayNow
Lee Ker Ching is a logistics practitioner with varied exposures both as the “Shipper” and the “Service Provider” in the industries such as oil & gas, petro-chemical, 3rd party logistics, and FMCG (Fast-Moving-Consumer-Goods).
Academically, Ker Ching is specialising in Transport and Logistics with an in-depth knowledge and interests in procurement and materials management. Professionally, he is a chartered member of CILT (Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport) and holds a Certified Practitioner in Purchasing & Logistics with the World Certification Institute (USA).
3 days, 9am – 6pm, total 24 hours.
A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded upon successful completion of the course with minimum 75% attendance.