ICC Incoterms 2010 … SFC eligible
- 26 Feb 2019 – 26 Feb 2019, Intake: 25
- 22 Apr 2019 – 22 Apr 2019, Intake: 26
- 30 Aug 2019 – 30 Aug 2019, Intake: 27
- 26 Nov 2019 – 26 Nov 2019, Intake: 28
- 2019 — click HERE for dates, Intake: 26 – 28
- 2020 — Dates will be available in Dec or Jan, Intake: 29
Read what our participants have learnt from this course and the feedback from their supervisors …
Employees who have attended the course have very good feedback for the trainer, Mr Thomas Sim. Keep it up!
Jaris Wang, Assistant Training Manager, Jabil Circuit (S) Pte Ltd
The lecturer taught the class very interestingly with a lot of real case studies. The case discussion made the class very lively. By presenting the Incoterms in diagrams, I am able to remember the terms easily.
Cheong Chai Ying, Supply Chain Executive, Leica Instruments Singapore
The newest set of international trade terms are the Incoterms® 2010 rules created by the International Chamber of Commerce which define responsibilities, risks, and costs of the seller and buyer for delivery of goods under sales contracts. The new Incoterms® rules take into account the latest developments in commercial practice, and the updates, add two new rules and deletes four of the former rules. With effect from January 1, 2011, the updated rules became effective.
The Incoterms rules are an internationally recognized standard and are used worldwide in international and domestic contracts for the sale of goods. First published in 1936, Incoterms rules provide internationally accepted definitions and rules of interpretation for most common commercial terms. They streamline and remove some of the ambiguity that can occur in a contract especially when parties speak different languages. They provide a basis for dispute resolution. Attend the Seminar on ICC Incoterms® 2010 rules to understand the major revisions of these terms and how you can use them effectively in doing business.
Exporters, Importers, Sales and Marketing Managers, Purchasing Managers, Forwarders, Logistics Service Providers, Customs Brokers, Carriers, Insurers, Trade Consultants
The course is an Approved-in-Principle (AIP) course under the SkillsConnect (Course Code: CRS-N-0029785 valid till 25 Dec 2019) with a support level of $2.00 per training hour for company sponsored participant. More information from Financial/Award Schemes.
Nett course fee effective from 1 Oct 2018. Company-sponsored participants are required to apply for funding via SkillsConnect at least 1 week before course commencement.
(payable to TLA)
(or available Credit)
* “All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the
government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture
Credit website www.skillsfuture.sg/credit to choose from the courses available on the
SFC course directory.”
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Cheque or bank transfer or Corporate PayNow
1 day : 9 am to 6 pm (8 training hours)
Mr Thomas Sim is the Group Chief Executive Officer of International Freight Consultants (S) Pte. Ltd. He joined the Singapore Logistics Association since 2000 and has been elected as the 2nd Deputy Chairman of the Singapore Logistics Association. In addition, he also chairs its Training & Development Committee and the Academic Director of The Logistics Academy
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon successful completion with 75% attendance.
- ICC INCOTERMS 1980, 1990, 2000 & 2010
- New major revisions to Incoterms 2010
- Definition of the 11 Incoterms 2010
- Review of the different groups of terms
- Transfer of Risk from the Seller to the Buyer
- Responsibility for Insurance
- Costs Associated with Each Term
- Advantages and disadvantages of each term
- Know the proper use of the Incoterms 2010 terms
- Examine the costs, responsibilities & rights associated for buyers & sellers
- Learn the applicable Incoterms under different transport modes
- Understand the critical points in Incoterms