Extend Excel into Logistics Dashboards with Business Analytics Tools
- 26 July 2018 – 26 July 2018, Intake: 1
- 15 Nov 2018 – 15 Nov 2018, Intake: 2
Is your analysis constrained by numbers and tables? Do you wish charts can be more interactive during presentations? Is your charting stumbled by big data? Not anymore with the rise of business analytics tools, professionals can gain deeper insights into business performance and make better decisions.
This workshop is specially designed for professionals working in the transport and logistics industry. It is an interactive workshop in a computer laboratory where each student uses a desktop with pre-installed program and exercises to facilitate hands-on learning.
The course content uses case studies and a few analytics tools to provide participants a breadth approach to data visualization. Dashboards and reports will be created with Power View and 3D Map (features within Excel 2016) and Power BI, all Microsoft products. Participants can apply the new skills immediately through the sample exercises and experience visualization concepts with different tools.
Note: This is an advanced level course. Participants are expected to be familiar with using MS Office Excel to manipulate data tables (at minimum able to create pivot tables) and plot charts. This is not an introductory course on MS Excel. The version used will be MS Office Excel 2016.
What You will Learn
At the end of the programme, participants will :
- Manipulate and link data tables
- Create dashboards/reports with Excel Power View
- Create visuals on a map with Excel 3D Map
- Deliver dashboards/reports as an interactive presentation
- Alternative experience via walk through data visualization with QlikView
- Logistics Account Managers and Executives
- Operations / Warehouse / Distribution Supervisors and Officers
- Customer Service Officers
- Material Planners and Buyers
- Quality Assurance Officers
- Inventory Management / Control Officers
|Total Fee (payable to TLA)||$564.96||$671.96||$671.96|
Payment will only be required after the course is confirmed.
(The status of the course would usually be advised one (1) month before the course start date.)
Payment mode (retail payments facilities are not available) :
Overseas – Telegraphic transfer
Local – Cheque or bank transfer
1 day :8.30am to 5.30pm
Jorge Ng is a project manager with extensive experience in customer logistics and IT project management. Graduated with a Master of Engineering (research on computer architecture) from the National University of Singapore. Previously he worked in Nokia as the Customization Development Manager and taught the subject on IT for Supply Chain at Republic Polytechnic.
He led several logistics and IT deployment projects. Using Excel and VBA programs, he developed several applications to assists users in automating logistics operations and achieved productivity. Just to illustrate a couple of applications, one that reconcile several product launch plans and another that find customer record text files base on a name list. These applications reduced operations from five days down to a half day of work.
He has two endeavours now, mainly managing project management offices with the DBS bank and a small side business partnership retailing premium seafood, which he deploys web application powered by Python and Google App Engine at almost zero cost of ownership.
Central Plaza (above Tiong Bahru Plaza)
A 30-minute open-book assessment will be conducted at the end of the seminar to ensure participants’ understanding on the topics. A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded upon successful completion of the assessment and attainment of 75% attendance.
This is a one-day course with the syllabus categorized into sections. Each section has a particular theme to offer a structured learning.
Section 1 : About Data Visualization
- Visualization tools overview
- Excel Interactive Tools : Power View and 3D Map
- Microsoft Power BI a SaaS Service
Section 2 : Excel Power View and 3D Map
- Case Study on a Typical Logistics Operation
- Preparing Data and linking Tables
- Deploying Visuals for Reports and Dashboards
Section 3 : Power BI
- Importing Data into Power BI
- More Visuals
Section 4 : QlikView
- A typical Dashboard Development Cycle
- The Visuals and Scripting
This is a hands-on course where participants will have intensive practical session using MS Excel, Power View, 3D Map and Power BI.